At two weeks..
Woohooo!! It’s been four weeks and just look at how my little flower plant is growing..
I have no idea how long it takes before blooms arrive but I’ll post a new picture in few weeks so you can share in my excitement. 🙂
I’m participating in a new challenge. The Merry Monday Christmas Card #90 Challenge. This weeks challenge is to create a Christmas card and use ribbon or twine. To visit their blog, participate, read the rules or visit other participating blogs, click on the image below.
This is the card I made. My inspiration came from two of the cards showcased in the 2013 Holiday catalogue from Stampin’ Up.
- Cardstock/DSP: Cherry Cobbler; Very Vanilla
- Kits: Merry Moments Simply Scrappin’ kit; Pop n Place Holiday Gift Tags
- Ink: Gumball Green
- Stamp: Wonderful Wreath
- BigShot/Punches: Expression thinlits; Pretty Print embossing folder; mini punch
- Embellishments: Basic Pearls; Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon
- Adhesive: Tombo Multi Liquid Glue; Glue Dots; SNAIL; Dimensionals
If you’re using the expressions thinlits you may experience a challenge getting the words out of the die without damage. I heard of a great tip that works fantastic. Use a piece of wax paper between your cardstock and the die. Run the sandwich though your BigShot three (3) times. You’ll get a nice clean cut and the word pops out of the die much easier.
- Stamp set: Hearts a Flutter
- Cardstock/DSP: Amore; Smoky Slate; Primrose Petals; Whisper White
- Ink: Primrose Petals; Coastal Cabana; Strawberry Slush
- BigShot: Expressions thinlits; Hearts A Flutter framelits
- Embellishments: Smoky Slate Chevron ribbon; Tag a Bag accessory kit; Basic rhinestones
- Adhesive: Glue Dots; SNAIL; Tombo Multi Liquid Glue; wax paper
Today I wanted to show a card I had made recently. It is for giving someone special a key to your home. Recently I had keys made for my girls over the holidays. I think this would be a lovely way to give keys to a new home or if you’re having visitors and want to give them the convenience of coming and going.
- Stamps: Aviary; Sweetly Framed (hostess set)
- Ink: Raspberry Ripple; Crumb Cake; Early Espresso
- Cardstock: Very Vanilla; Modern Medley
- Bigshot & Punches: envelope liners; decorative label punch; Bigz Two Tags; Bigz Scallop envelope
- Embellishments: basic rhinestones; Very Vanilla & Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon; bakers twine
- Adhesive: Glue dots; SNAIL; Dimensionals
I saw this pinned on Pinterest and just loved it.
So for today’s first project in my newly tidied up and decluttered craft room, I created my own version..
If you’re interested in creating this card, the recipe is:
- Stamp sets: Papillon Potpourri; Itty Bitty Banners; Gorgeous Grunge; Background Builders; Layered Labels
- Ink: Soft Suede; Chocolate chip; Crisp Canteloupe; Pistachio Pudding; Coastal Cabana
- Punches/Big Shot: Butterfly punch; Bitty Banners framelits; Beautiful Wings embosslits
- Cardstock: Very Vanilla; Soft Suede; Vellum
- Embellishments: Basic pearls; Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon
- Adhesives etc.: Snail; Glue Dots; Dimensionals; Blender pen