Hello everyone 🙂 Today has been a really wonderful day. I wanted to take a moment and share the triple layer card I made from the technique video I shared a few weeks ago. I made this card for my mum and she loved it 😀
For convenience the card layer dimensions are 3 squares comprising of 1 of each: 2″ square; 3″ square; and 4″ square. In addition, you’ll need 3 squares of cardstock to act as the mat between each layer of white cardstock. Mat dimensions are: 1 of each: 2 1/8″ square; 3 1/8″ square; and 4 1/8″ square. Finally, the card base I used for this card was 5″ squared.
The focal stamp on this card lends itself to blending and watercolour (or in this example.. the illusion of watercolour! lol) I think it turned out quite well. The small salutation was punched with the Petite Curly Label punch, the background using the decorative Label punch. I punched the shape down several times until it was sized just right — both available from Stampin’ Up!
The butterfly I made for this card is “case”’d from my daughter, Shannon. On the card she made for me, Shannon scored in 1/8″ intervals vertically across the butterfly punched, this makes the perfectly curved wings. Shannon then attached it to another punched butterfly with a glue dot to create a beautifully dimensioned embellishment. From there I added a little ribbon and some bling 🙂 viola!
- Stamp set: Elements of Style; Builder Wheel, Travel Journal
- Ink: Regal collection: Elegant Eggplant
- Markers: Regal collection: Perfect Plum; Subtles collection
- Card stock: Whisper White; Elegant Eggplant
- Punches: Petite Curly Label; Decorative Label
- Embellishments: 3/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, Perfect Plum; Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- Other: Blender pens
- Adhesive: Dimensionals; SNAIL adhesive; mini glue dots